Latest updates on the Innovation Fund
Technical workshop on 5-6 February 2020, Call for experts and upcoming events
Preparatory meetings in view of the 1st call of proposals (expected for June 2020) under the Innovation Fund, one of the EU funding programmes for demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies, are under way.
On 5-6 February 2020, a group of technical experts selected by the members of the Innovation Fund Expert Group (IFEG) met in a technical workshop to discuss mainly about 2 topics:
- potential methodologies to estimate GHG emissions avoidance; and
- relevant costs of innovative projects eligible for funding under the Innovation Fund.
The presentation made by DG CLIMA is downloadable from the following link:
The full package of the workshop documentation (including the registered public web-streamed session) is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/innovation-fund_en#tab-0-3
Together with external consultants, DG CLIMA will gather all received comments and will try to take them into account for finalizing the needed methodologies.
DG CLIMA launched also a Call for Experts for assisting INEA with proposals applying to Innovation Fund and management of accepted projects. In details, experts (technical, financial and legal ones) will be involved to:
- evaluate investment proposals in the different sectors of the fund and in the several proposals’ stages;
- provide further assistance to projects (especially on financial structuring) and technical advise once the project begins.
A brochure with information on the call, conditions and how to apply can be accessed through the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/sites/clima/files/innovation-fund/20200207_call_for_experts_en.pdf
Besides, DG CLIMA invites all interested stakeholders to mark their agenda for 2 events:
- a conference on Innovative clean tech financing, on Wednesday 11 March 2020;
- a workshop on Project selection and grant management, on Thursday 12 March 2020.
More information on the final agenda will follow in due course.